Nature being artistic. What you see on these fences are the result of water evaporating on the surface and, during slower evaporation periods, the dissolved minerals were deposited in rings.
Via reddit 1 2
"My favourite Olympic Games were the 1904 Summer Olympics! THERE CAN BE NO OTHER CHOICE."
- you, every time someone asks you what your favourite Olympic Games were from now on.
- The marathon winner, Fredrick Lorz, got exhausted 14 km in, hopped in his manager’s car, drove the next 17 km until the car itself broke down, at which point he got out and jogged across the finish line and won first place
- Dude WENT ALONG WITH THIS until he finally admitted it was a “practical joke”
- Thomas Hicks, who actually won first place, got tired so he was given a shot of brandy with STRYCHNINE (yep, that’s the pesticide that’s fatal to humans) in it as a muscle relaxant, and then got tired again, so he was given a second shot of booze and pesticide. He collapsed soon after crossing the finish line
- "Strychnine is now forbidden for athletes"
- Felix Carbajal showed up at the last minute, running in his street clothes on an empty stomach. He got hungry, so he stopped racing to sneak into an orchard and steal some apples
- The apples were rotten, so he got sick
- Then he lied down and had a nap
- Felix Carbajal came in fourth place
- This year also had the first two black Africans to compete in the marathon, Len Taunyane and Jan Mashiani. They came in ninth and twelfth.
- “This was a disappointment, as many observers were sure Len Tau could have done better if he had not been chased nearly a mile off course by aggressive dogs”
- George Eyser and his left wooden leg (he got run over by a train) won six medals including gold in vaulting, which at that time included “a jump over a long horse without the aid of a springboard”. It’s not even a regular horse. It is a long horse.
- Events included Water Polo (in a pond where the water was so bad that many players got sick afterwards) and Tug Of War which is AMAZING, check out this Olympic-level tug of war:
London if you want to impress me I’m afraid I’m going to need to see NAPS and APPLES and also UNAIDED JUMPS OVER LONG HORSES because seriously.
Zodiac Taurus Thoughts.
It’s the holidays and it’s all about giving so I’ve decided to do a giveaway!! There will be TWO winners.
The first place winner will receive a $100 Visa gift card (can be used wherever Visa is accepted). Buy some gifts or splurge on yourself! :) This winner will also have their blog…
My piece for “Unpredictable Gravity” at Roqla Rue Galley, is also this weeks Holiday print.
County Clare 7
Print is 13” by 19”
Original painting : 18” by 24” oil on panel.
another dick move i’ve pulled as a dungeon master was when a party had to go looking for clues and i lead them on this complex goose chase and at the end of it there was an old mage who chuckled and said “i have a chest that contains what you seek” and they looked in it and there was a fish inside and after they did a knowledge check and found out it was a red herring
You are the only person who is in charge of how you feel about yourself. Nobody else can possibly do that. You get to decide if you believe you are beautiful or not, and nobody can take it away from you. If someone suggests that you aren’t beautiful, you can consider how sad it is that they have such a limited view of beauty. You can consider how unfortunate it is that they have such an exaggerated sense of self-importance that they think you should care about what they think. You can also choose to realize that it has nothing at all to do with your beauty and everything to do with their limitations.
Valletta, Malta (by Tim Jordan Photography)